Personal Trainers of RiverPlace Athletic Club


Ken McLarty, USAT, Indoor Cycling Instructor

503.221.1212, Ext. 779

E-Mail Ken 

I train with a “quality over quantity” approach, which allows athletes the best opportunity to reach their goals successfully

Ken McLarty joins RiverPlace with a great deal of enthusiasm to continue growing the Tri Club. He remarks, “I love helping people reach their potential, and I feel grateful to be at such a great facility! I’m looking forward to helping our membership surprise themselves with their abilities.”

Ken—a USAT Certified Race Director and competitive triathlete with numerous age group and overall wins to his name—currently leads weekly triathlon-focused workouts, is a multi-sport strength coach, and is also available for private training sessions for individuals who desire specialized coaching in all three disciplines of the triathlon.

He favors an approach where clients may perform less, but with correct form, in order to establish a good foundation. Ken creates programs where roughly 70% of an individual’s time is spent in sport-specific exercise, and the other 30% on body balance and strengthening, which helps create more symmetrically trained athletes.

When Ken isn’t racing, training, or directing RAC’s Tri Club, you’d most likely find him snowboarding or traveling with his wife and son.

2 Responses to 'Ken McLarty, USAT, Indoor Cycling Instructor'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Ken McLarty, USAT, Indoor Cycling Instructor'.

  1. Annamarie Kooning said,

    Ken,
    It’s Annamarie. I would like to our V02 testing on Thursday 02/09 in the AM. I will be taking your 6:30 spin class. Let me know what works for your schedule that AM.

    Please confirm receipt of this email; to me: akportland@live.com or 503.481.1122.

    Thanks, Annamarie

  2. Anonymous said,

    Our Century 101 course is just a few days away. I cannot wait to help all fo you who have chosen to challenge yourself with this opportunity. Remember for the next 12 weeks “just keep pedaling”!!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: